Taking You Places in Fiber Arts

Sunday, August 06, 2006 at 10:36:00 AM

July - August 2006 summer and moving!

I had a restful time in the US -- alas, very few pictures.

I spent most of my time reading, resting, and knitting.

I am giving the Orenberg shawl a break and thanks to knitting podcasts and specifically Irie Knits podcast I've take up sock knitting. Knick Knacks in Murphys, CA and Ewe-phoric Yarns in Arnold, CA revived my love for yarns and needles. My first pair is the ever-famous-on-the-internet socks, the Jaywalkers by Grumperina. I'll work my way to the drop dead gorgeous Grapevine socks by Irie, who was kind enough to post her own pattern for them.

It was wonderful to see Julia in CA and see her with Max her dog, and Dharma her new kitten. I spent a couple of days in NY with Chris, assisting him with some shopping, and in spite of the heat, managed to get to Top of the Rock on top of Rockefeller Center, see Pirates of the Caribbean II, go to the Hard Rock Cafe and even manage the Cooper-Hewitt. We also spent a LOT of time on the subway! NY is just amazing -- one hears so MANY different languages spoken!


We are about to enter the week of various stages of packing and then are off next week in the
car with the dog and the next two years of adventure in Astana!