Taking You Places in Fiber Arts

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 at 7:24:00 AM

Packing - Day One Down




Day One is down, thanks to hubby doing 99.9% of the supervising and hardly any help from me due to not-so-wonderful jetlag. Slept 11 hours last night though but am still grumpy. Wish science could invent something for this!

The packers seem to be doing a wonderful job -- will post photos later. But this is such a huge house and I keep wondering where we'll put all of this in the new "rectangle." The packing is being done in different stages due to the temporary stay in the house in Astana -- some things will go to the warehouse to wait until the new CMR is finished, but we'll also take personal items and food with us. Have a huge pile of books and knitting ready to go with us. Tried to find some dpt needles in things I had already packed up but gave up -- too buried I guess.

We are figuring we've moved at least 17 times since we have been married, but will do a final count sometime when we can focus on it.

Sasha seems to be better after a rough weekend with some tummy thing ... we just want her to make it through the trip. We know she'll like her temp. place with the garden to run around in, and not quite so many stairs. She was 15 this summer. She has been such a fabulous dog!

I also look forward to tweaking this blog -- haven't had time to work on formats and it drives me crazy as I have to reteach myself each time it seems. One thing bugs me is the huge space between the last title and the text ... why is there that gap?